YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE NOT TO ALLOW SHELTERZOOM TO DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (1) TO THIRD PARTIES WHO ARE NOT CUSTOMERS OR USERS AND WHO ARE NOT ACTING AS OUR AGENT, OR (2) TO BE USED FOR A PURPOSE THAT IS MATERIALLY DIFFERENT FROM THE PURPOSES DISCLOSED IN THIS POLICY.
We want you to enjoy every visit to our products or services, as well as every experience with ShelterZoom Services, and you should be aware that the ShelterZoom Services may make sensitive permissions requests on your computer, tablet or mobile device, and handle personal or sensitive user data (including personally identifiable information (PII), financial and payment information, authentication information, phonebook or contact data, microphone and camera sensor data, and sensitive device data), and collect information about you and we may share that information with third parties in certain circumstances. Please read the following provisions carefully to understand how ShelterZoom collects, uses and discloses personally identifiable information (PII) from its users.
ShelterZoom controls and operates its business and the ShelterZoom Services from within the United States of America, but to provide you with the Services, we may store, process and transmit information in the United States and locations around the world - including those outside your country. Information may also be stored locally on the devices you use to access the Services.
Our online privacy practices are governed by the laws of the United States and the State of New York, which may differ from privacy laws in your state or home country.
1. What Kind of Information We Collect
Whether accessing the ShelterZoom Services from your home computer or while on the run from your smart phone or tablet, ShelterZoom and its agents may collect some information that identifies you or relates to you as an individual (“Personal Information”), such as your:
- mailing address and/or zip code;
- telephone or mobile number;
- e-mail address;
- username and password (for account administration);
- device ID, including IP address;
- financial account information and other personal financial and payment information (that you submit to us for transaction processing);
- additional personal information necessary for the administration of certain promotional events (such as your preferences); and
- certain identifying information such as your date of birth and contact information.
In addition, we may collect other types of data elements (“Other Information”) that do not reveal your identity or that do not relate directly to you or any other individual, such as:
- browser and device information, including operating system;
- demographic information and other information provided by you that we may combine with other users of the ShelterZoom Services or use on its own;
- mobile application usage data;
- aggregated information such as “click stream” information such as entry and exit points for the ShelterZoom Services (including referring URLs or domains), certain ShelterZoom Services traffic statistics, page views, and impressions; and
In addition, when users request pages on the ShelterZoom Services, our servers automatically log the IP address of the particular user. The IP address is a unique number assigned to your computer in order to identify it whenever you are surfing the Web.
2. How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
- process and manage your purchase and use of our services;
- respond to your inquiries or requests, and to post your comments or statements on message boards or in our online forums;
- create and deliver personalized promotions, including by combining your personal information with Other Information, such as the number of times you log in, and the amounts and types of purchases you make;
- communicate with you by mail, telephone, e-mail, mobile alerts and SMS text messaging about ShelterZoom products or services, including but not limited to information about your activity or purchases, your services, accounts, contests you may enter into, your requests for information, and to update you about changes to the ShelterZoom Services;
- communicate with you, including by mail, telephone, e-mail, mobile alerts and SMS text messaging, in connection with our marketing efforts, such as when we send you offers and promotions that you can take advantage of through the ShelterZoom Services;
- allow you to send or receive communications to or from others through the ShelterZoom Services;
- further our business purposes, such as to perform data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, to enhance, improve or modify the ShelterZoom Services, to identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to operate and expand our business activities;
- send “transactional or relationship” communications to you, such as notices to facilitate a transaction you have conducted or messages that provide information about your account, using various electronic communication, including email and mobile communications;
- comply with legal obligations; and
- meet legal retention periods.
We normally collect or use personal information from you or others only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect or retain personal information or may need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. For example, when we:
- Use personal information to create and manage an account, we need it in order to provide relevant ShelterZoom Services.
- Gather and record data associated with use of a digital certificate or digital signature, it is to comply with regulations.
- Use names and email addresses for email marketing purposes, we do so with your consent (which you can withdraw at any time).
- Gather usage data and analyze it to improve our Services, we do so based on our legitimate interest in safeguarding and improving our Services.
3. Data You Provide to Other Customers or Users
If you choose to use certain ShelterZoom Services, other Customers and Users may receive your Personal Information, such as your name, email address, employment, or other types of Personal Information. You may choose to provide additional Personal Information to other Customers or Users through the communication features of the ShelterZoom Services.
When other Customers or Users receive your Personal Information, you are bound by the privacy policies, procedures, and practices of those other Customers or Users. We do not control and are not responsible for their privacy practices. If the other Customers or Users are individuals or small companies, there may be few legal restrictions on how they may use, store, or share your Personal Information. You may not have the ability to instruct other Customers or Users on the use, storage, or sharing of your Personal Information.
You may choose not to provide your Personal Information to other Customers or Users, including opting out of communications with them using the ShelterZoom Services. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use the ShelterZoom Services.
4. How We May Disclose Personal Information We Collect
Your privacy is very important to us. We generally will not disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of ShelterZoom or our Affiliates, except in the following circumstances.
Service Providers. We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers to provide us with services such as website hosting, professional services, including information technology services and related infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services.
To Perform Services That You Request. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties to perform services you request or functions you initiate, such as when you post information and materials on message boards and forums, including but not limited to those on shelterzoom.com, docuwalk.com, 1report.io, our Facebook or other social media pages. When you post information in a public forum it becomes public information. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information to identify you to anyone to whom you send communications through the ShelterZoom Services.
Corporate Transactions or Events. We may disclose your information to a third party in connection with a corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
Other Legal Reasons. In addition, we may use or disclose your Personal Information as we deem necessary or appropriate: (1) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (2) to respond to lawful requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (3) to comply with subpoenas and other legal processes; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; (5) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (6) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of ShelterZoom, our Affiliates, you and others; and (7) to enforce our terms and conditions.
Accountability for Onward Transfers. We will enter into contracts with third parties to whom we disclose your Personal Information that provides that such data may only be used for limited and specified purposes consistent with your consent and this Policy, and that the third party will provide the same level of protection as ShelterZoom.
5. Retention of Personal Information
We keep your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain personal information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws. Where there are technical limitations that prevent deletion or anonymization, we safeguard personal information and limit active use of it.
6. How to Access and Manage Your Account Information
Managing and Correcting Your Information. You can log into your account via a ShelterZoom website or mobile app to manage and correct factual inaccuracies in the information we have on file about you. You can also contact us by using the contact information on any ShelterZoom website: shelterzoom.com, docuwalk.com, 1report.io, and we will assist you, or do it for you.
Your Privacy Rights. You may have certain rights related to your personal information, subject to local data protection laws. These rights may include:
- You can access and review personal information associated with your account at any time by visiting and logging into a ShelterZoom product or service. You also can request the following information: how we collect and use your personal information and why; the categories of personal information involved; the categories of recipients of your personal information; how we received your personal information and its source; our business purpose for using your personal information; and how long we use or store your personal information or the manner in which we determine relevant retention periods.
- You have a right to correct your personal information.
- In certain situations, California and European Union residents may ask that we delete/erase or stop using your personal information (and object to the use of your personal information) or export your personal information.
- Where we rely on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to decline consent and/or if provided, to withdraw consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
- At any time, you can request that we stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- You have a right to provide us with guidance on the use, storage, and deletion of your personal information after your death.
- You have a right to raise questions or complaints with your local data protection authority at any time.
- You may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you. You also have the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising certain of your rights.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity. If you have an account with us, we may verify you through your login of your account. If you do not have an account with us, we may seek a confirmation by email or seek other identification information, including government-issued identification, to verify your identity.
You may authorize an agent to make a request to us on your behalf and we will verify the identity of your agent or authorized legal representative by either seeking confirmation from you or documents that establish the agent’s authorization to act on your behalf.
Please note your rights and choices vary depending upon your location. Certain personal information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. We need certain types of personal information so that we can provide the product and Services to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our product and Services.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us at shelterzoom.com, docuwalk.com, 1report.io, or email email@example.com.
California residents may ask for a list of third parties that have received your personal information for direct marketing purposes during the previous calendar year. This list also contains the types of personal information shared. We provide this list at no cost. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us at shelterzoom.com, docuwalk.com, 1report.io, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may exercise your right to opt out by logging into your account or by contacting us at shelterzoom.com, docuwalk.com, 1report.io, or email email@example.com.
7. How We Provide Security and Protect Your Personal Information
ShelterZoom has implemented reasonable safeguards designed to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information provided or collected through our ShelterZoom Services.
With respect to payment card information and other Personal Information collected through our ShelterZoom Services, we use Transport Layer Security Technology or TLS to encrypt or scramble that information during transmission. We also handle all user data securely, including transmitting it using modern cryptography (for example, over HTTPS) and using blockchain technology.
Under the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), companies must ensure certain safeguards when transferring personal data outside of the European Economic Area to countries that are not considered as offering an adequate level of protection for personal data. ShelterZoom relies upon a variety of legal mechanisms to transfer personal data, including contracts with our vendors and service providers that require that they also adhere to these safeguards, and ShelterZoom remains accountable for your Personal Information in cases of onward transfer to third parties.
Unfortunately, no system or online transmission of data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and you should always take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information, including ensuring that you have up-to-date antivirus and malware software. If you believe that your ShelterZoom account or any information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately through the Contact Us information provided below. Because our system is secure, you should also store your password in a safe place.
When we receive formal written complaints, we will contact the person who made the complaint to follow up. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that we cannot resolve with our users directly.
8. Our Policy on Cookies, Interest-Based Advertising and “Do Not Track”
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed in your computer browser directories to store your information about your use of the ShelterZoom Services and your activities online (collectively, “Cookies”). A Cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (internet location) from which the Cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the Cookie (i.e. when does it expire), and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. To find out more about Cookies, including how to see what Cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Your Control of Cookies
If you do not wish to receive Cookies or wish to manage when you accept Cookies in general, you may set your browser to reject Cookies or to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your computer. Although you are not required to accept our Cookies, if you set your browser to reject Cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionality of the ShelterZoom Services. The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new Cookie, or how to disable Cookies altogether. If you block or otherwise reject our Cookies, you may lose some of the functionality of our site. For example, you may not be able to use any products and services that require you to sign in.
Online Marketing and Advertising
In addition, we and our partners may use these Data Collection Technologies to track the actions of users of the ShelterZoom Services, to measure statistics of our marketing efforts, and to deliver advertisements on the ShelterZoom Services that may be more relevant to individual consumers and that will improve the consumer experience on the ShelterZoom Services. For example, if you give us your zip code and we thus know you live in an area where a particular promotion is going on, we may deliver to you a communication or advertisement that is specific to that promotion.
Please note that certain third parties that we do not control may use Data Collection Technologies on the ShelterZoom Services such as information about your use of the ShelterZoom Services, including for analytics and fraud prevention as well as any other legal purpose. When we use the term “Data Collection Technologies” we are referring to any technology that collects information about your use of the ShelterZoom Services and potentially about your activities when you leave the ShelterZoom Services and visit other sites on the Internet.
WHILE WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROVIDING YOU WITH MEANINGFUL PRIVACY PROTECTIONS, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT CURRENTLY, WE DO NOT RECOGNIZE OR RESPOND TO BROWSER INITIATED DO NOT TRACK (“DNT”) SIGNALS.
9. Social Networking and Third-Party Sites
10. Children’s Online Privacy
ShelterZoom recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of children. We will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen(13). When a user discloses personal information on the ShelterZoom Services, the user is representing to us that he or she is at least thirteen (13) years of age. If a child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided us with personally identifiable information through the ShelterZoom Services, we ask that a parent or guardian notify us at shelterzoom.com, docuwalk.com, 1report.io, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Third Parties and Your Responsibilities
If you choose to use any ShelterZoom Services functionality that allows you to send messages to third parties outside of the ShelterZoom Services, you must obtain their permission to provide their personal information, such as their name, phone number or email address, to ShelterZoom, and all other parties necessary to carry out the requested functionality, for example, by routing a message. You are solely responsible for maintenance of the confidentiality and security of any information which you transmit from or store on your computer, tablet, or mobile device for purposes of accessing and using the ShelterZoom Services, and for all transactions and other activities undertaken in your name, whether authorized or unauthorized. You agree to immediately notify ShelterZoom of any unauthorized transactions associated with the ShelterZoom Services, or any other breach of security, and that ShelterZoom shall not be responsible for any losses, costs or expenses arising out of the loss or theft of information which you may have transmitted from or stored on any device of yours, or from unauthorized or fraudulent transactions associated with the ShelterZoom Services.
12. Email Communications, Text Communications and Push Notifications
If you sign up for a user account using the ShelterZoom Services, you are by default opted in to receive promotional email communications, text communications and push notifications from ShelterZoom (“Electronic Communications”) which may include promotional communications, special offers, account related information, and system messages.
You may opt-out to stop receiving Electronic Communications other than “transactional or relationship” communications referenced above by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any ShelterZoom email or updating your ShelterZoom account if you have one. To opt-out of SMS text messages from ShelterZoom, you can update your ShelterZoom account if you have one OR text STOP to the appropriate short code from the mobile device where you received the SMS text message. If you wish to stop receiving “transactional or relationship” Electronic Communications, you must delete your ShelterZoom user account.
14. Privacy Shield
15. Contact Us with Questions or Complaints
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices, you can contact us at shelterzoom.com, docuwalk.com, 1report.io, or email email@example.com.
For consumers with disabilities who need to access this Policy in an alternative format, please contact:
14 Wall Street, 20th Floor,
New York, NY 10005, USA
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, ShelterZoom commits to promptly resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact ShelterZoom at shelterzoom.com, docuwalk.com, 1report.io, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and inserting the words “Privacy Shield Inquiry/Complaint” in your message. You may also refer a complaint to your local data protection authority and we will work with it to resolve your concern. In certain circumstances, the Privacy Shield Framework provides the right to invoke binding arbitration to resolve complaints not resolved by other means, as described in Annex I to the Privacy Shield Principles. ShelterZoom has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning data transferred from the EU.
In addition, ShelterZoom is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC).